NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Alexandria Fire Department Roof Replacement
The City of Alexandria is requesting quotes for Roof Replacement for the Alexandria Fire Station, which is located at 302 Fillmore Street, Alexandria.
Sealed quotes will be received and publicly opened at Alexandria City Hall, Conference Room, 704 Broadway, on Monday, January 28, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. Quotes must be in a sealed envelope and plainly marked “Alexandria Fire Department Roof Replacement”.
Scope of work to include but not limited to:
- Remove rock ballast, rubber roofing and metal flashings
- Replace any wet or deteriorated insulation/roof boards
- Install high density foam (R 1.39 or greater) on top of existing or new deck
- Replace with 60mil EPDM fully adhered synthetic rubber roof system with new elastic EPDM flashings and all necessary galvanized steel metal flashings.
- Fabricate and install new prefinished sheet metal cap flashing, counter flashing and roofing related material
- Provide a 15 or 20 year or greater warranty
- No rock ballast will be replaced – quote for a completely bonded roof
Approximate size-15,500 sq ft.
The quotes will be considered by the City Council at a regularly scheduled meeting. The City Council reserves the right to reject any and all quotes and to waive any bids received without explanation. Contractor shall be licensed and bonded. No quote may be withdrawn for a period of thirty (30) days. The Owner reserves the right to reject any and all quotes and to waive any formalities therein, and rebid until a satisfactory quote is received.
By the order of the City Council of the City of Alexandria, Minnesota.
AFD Fire Chief
by Sara Stadtherr
Sara is the Communications Coordinator for the city of Alexandria. She is committed to the residents of Alexandria. Feel free to reach out to her for any reason, she would be happy to hear from you. To contact Sara, please email [email protected] or call 320-759-3607.
Stay In Touch With The City
Sign up for the city newsletter to receive updates on the latest policies and news.