2018 Election information – City of Alexandria MN
City elections are held on even numbered years. The elected officials for the city consist of the mayor and five council members and their term of office is four years. The City is divided into five wards. Wards I and V each have two precincts, and Wards II, III, and IV each have one precinct.
The 2018 primary election will be held on Tuesday, August 14, 2018. The 2018 general election will be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
The Council Members from Ward I, Ward II and Ward IV will be elected in the General Election on November 6, 2018.
The City Clerk’s office is responsible for conducting the local, state and federal elections.
Voter Registration Information
In Minnesota, you must meet the following requirements to register and vote:
- Be at least 18 years of age on Election Day;
- Be a United States Citizen; and have resided in Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding Election Day;
- Not be under guardianship of a person;
- Not be found by a court to be legally incompetent to vote; or
- Not been convicted of a felony without having your civil rights restored.
In addition, anytime you move or change your name, you will need to re-register to vote. You can pre-register to vote up to 21 days prior to an election. This will save you time at the polls on Election Day. You may pre-register by filling out a Registration Card or at the time you renew your driver’s license.