The City of Alexandria is proud to have the Runestone Community Center as one of it’s strong, energetic departments. The work of many people and organizations, over a span of 10 years, continues to explore an expansion of this facility.
Thank you for your support of the City of Alexandria’s work and the project. With the passage of the bonding bill by the Minnesota Legislature, the RCC project has gained momentum. The bill included $5.6 million in state funds for the expansion. The project timeline will be detailed below and will continue to be updated.
- October 2020 – Bonding bill passed
- February 2021 – Request For Proposal is approved by Alexandria City Council for architectural services
- City hires Architect firm – 292 Group
- April – June 2021 – Preliminary design concepts with community input are drawn up
- May 2021 – City releases RFP for Construction Manager Final Draft RFP
- June 2021 – City hires Construction Manager, RJM Construction
- June – October 2021 – Cost estimates prepared on draft final design concepts
- October 2021 – Capital Campaign Committee is formed. Davy & Associates are hired to assist in process
- November 2021 – present – City Council discusses cost estimates, oversees work on final design as Capital Campaign commences
- January – March 2022 – Capital Campaign Committee members start talking to community members at Service Organizations, Board meetings and public news
- April 2022 – RCC Expansion on-line giving is at it’s cusp of being released. Many local and community members are ready to show support. Email [email protected] to get your name on a list to be contacted by email when on-line is active.
- August 2022 – On line giving is set up. People are encouraged to consider a multi-year gift. To do so: click here.